Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Cathedral
The story "Cathedral" by Raymond Carver can be described with the word interesting. I think a lot of things happened that we did not expect to occur. In my opinion it is normal that a husband act that way about the idea of a man coming to visit his wife. Although they are just friends, men tend to behave this way due to jealousy and insecurity. Robert, the blind friend, and the wife, have known each other for many years. They have always kept in contact with each other through audio tapes. All of this happened even before she married her current husband. I believe her husband acted a bit jealous because of their history. Also because of the fact that he'd once heard a tape she made for him, in which she states that she'd settled for him; she did not think at her age, she'd meet anyone else, after having left her first husband. Overall, I enjoyed this story because it involved real-life situations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment