Tuesday, June 3, 2008
A&P
Of the stories we've read so far, I think A&P has been my favorite. I'd have to say that is because of all the stories, it's the most I can most probably relate to. Not that I have ever walked into a grocery store wearing just a bathing suit, but since it is based on young people. The way that everyone at the store behaves toward the three, practically naked, young ladies is quite comical. The two, potentially youngest cashiers, were frozen; they just stared and barely made any movements. The narrator liked one of the girls. He described her as the leader of the group. He stated that she was tall and thin. The others he described very well in detail also. One of the things that I really enjoyed about this story was how it ended. The narrator truly believed the girls would react after he quit his job because of he did not approve of the way the manager embarrassed the girls. I wouldn't say that situations like this happen all the time in real life, but young men always try to do things similar to what happens in the story, to sort of show off or prove a point in front of a girl they like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment