Friday, June 13, 2008

Fiesta

I did not read the entire story, "Fiesta", but the little that I did read, and what we discussed in class, was quite interesting. And not to mention enjoyable. It's definitely different from any other story I have read before. In a strange way, it reminded me of my family; when I lived in New York. Everyone's Dominican and a large part are actually visiting from the Dominican Republic. The drive to the party was similar to ours. We'd drive a few miles; we always lived a little far from our family members. The eating and drinking are also a common aspect. In those types of parties, the food and alcoholic beverages are the main elements, along with music and dance. Anywho, I really did like this story. Many things about it make it very realistic; a big part of that being the language.

No comments: