Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Sadie and Maud
When I read this poem, I thought a lot about what happens after high school and the different paths we all take. Many of us attend college right away in order to continue our education and be over and done with it before we want to give up. This poem is based on two sisters which are in many ways different. Sadie and Maud both took opposite paths in life. Sadie decided not to attend college; she preferred to skip that and live her life. While Maud chose to continue on with her education, which in my eyes is highly important. However, I do believe that if one feels as if they will find more in learning from experiencing then perhaps they should be allowed to do so. There are many people out there who have gone far without going to college, but I do still think that it's necessary. The final message in this poem is that Maud went to college, but did not necessarily end living a happy life. Sadie, on the other hand, had a child at an early age, skipped college, but had an awful happy ending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment